I Design Stuff

Office life.

My work days are long and tiring right now. Thank goodness I have a huge window to get lost staring out of, and plants to tend to. I can’t keep indoor plants alive at home, but somehow I’m able to get them to thrive in a midtown Manhattan office building. Go figure…

Previous Post Next Post

Other Stuff You Might Be Into

9 Comments

• Reply Adam September 26, 2007 at 8:00 am

So you have a window again and are out of your little cubby? Congratulations, that is a great view! I would get distracted watching the street all day. All I have to stare at out my windows are pastures and sports fields.

• Reply Anna at D16 September 26, 2007 at 8:16 am

Yes! I moved back to my old area where I sat for years. The cubby-hole got too depressing in the winter, I missed my window.

(Pastures sound much more exciting than the side of the building across the street! I’m too high up to really see anything down low unless I really try.)

• Reply nicole September 26, 2007 at 9:18 am

i remember your special spot by the window. an expansive window indeed.

love the shot of miss lulu peeking from behind the foliage.

• Reply Adam September 26, 2007 at 9:28 am

There is not much going on in the pastures close to my school. The ones coming into the area where I work offer the occasional calf birth. I wish the Alpaca farm down the road was in view of my windows, that would keep me entertained for hours!

• Reply Anna at D16 September 26, 2007 at 9:43 am

• Reply Adam September 26, 2007 at 9:59 am

I love Alpacas! My co-worker Sandy drove by the Alpaca farm the other day and two of them were being “intimate” right out in the open! I guess they are not bashful.

• Reply Val October 3, 2007 at 1:11 pm

Hey,
    how long is your commute to NYC ? do u drive or bus?
    just curious

• Reply Anna at D16 October 3, 2007 at 1:16 pm

Val, I take the Metro North train from Beacon (a 5-minute ferry ride takes me across the river from Newburgh directly to the train station) to Grand Central. There’s an express train that takes just under an hour, but I usually take a later one (less crowded) that’s about an hour and 10 minutes.

Not much longer than when I live in Brooklyn (Red Hook). 🙂

• Reply Val October 5, 2007 at 1:45 pm

Thanks. We live in Queens now but some day may move upstate somewere. Newburgh just looks far from the city on the map thats why I asked 🙂 Even an hour and 10 doesnt sound too bad.