I Love the Internet

Change is a-happenin’.

Mr. Pickle

Things might look a little weird around here on Monday night. I’m in the middle of updating the design of Door Sixteen, and it’s going to take a couple of hours to fully transition everything. Thanks for bearing with me!

In the mean time, enjoy this anthropomorphized pickle.

Previous Post Next Post

Other Stuff You Might Be Into

• Reply paige October 11, 2010 at 4:10 pm

nothing better than a pickle to get us through a rough patch. Huzzah!

• Reply NancyV908 October 11, 2010 at 4:14 pm

“In the mean time, enjoy this anthropomorphized pickle.”

Thank you. This is now one of my all-time favorite lines. I hope you don’t mind, but I’m sure I will be liberally quoting it.

• Reply Anna October 11, 2010 at 4:41 pm

The world can only be a better place if it catches on!

• Reply Adam October 11, 2010 at 5:13 pm

I love how the design is looking and that anthropomorphized pickle is stylin’!

• Reply Dan October 11, 2010 at 5:39 pm

Oh, Anna, this is SUPERSEXY. The new banner is awesome. I am enjoying Mr. Pickle.

• Reply alex sunday October 11, 2010 at 6:56 pm

in the words of arlo guthrie, ‘i don’t want a pickle, i just wanna ride my motorcycle’ (say it so it rhymes, people!)

• Reply Mr. Modtomic October 12, 2010 at 2:12 am

Barrel cured, huh? Wonder what he had? Hmmm…perhaps the green hue is a clue.

• Reply moparbrownstoner October 12, 2010 at 9:27 am

So cute. There was a dancing jalapeno similar to this on a sign on Wyckoff Ave. in Bushwick but they took it down before I could get a photo, boo hoo. It was the best cartoon vegetable I have ever seen. It was wearing a sombrero.

• Reply Notorious MLE October 12, 2010 at 1:46 pm

The updates look great. Would you mind sharing what theme you used to build it?

• Reply Anna @ D16 October 12, 2010 at 1:54 pm

I used Simplo as a starting point because there is some functionality built in that I like, but what you see here is pretty far removed design-wise. In terms of appearance and styling, the work is mine.

• Reply Notorious MLE October 12, 2010 at 3:05 pm

Thanks! I figured it was altered significantly because it’s totally you!