Life + Health + Music + Movies + Books

Music Mix #5: Friday Night Living Room Dance Party.

So here’s the thing: I love to dance. I do not, however, love to dance in public—and really, that’s the best thing for everyone. My dancing style includes some Elaine Benes moves in a totally non-ironic way, and nobody needs to see that. I try to contain myself when I’m around others.

If I’m home alone (the dogs don’t count—they think I’m an awesome dancer!), though, all bets are off. I’m feeling a little under the weather right now and I just happen to be the only one in the apartment, so I thought I’d put together a little old-school mixtape and get down with my bad self. I’ll close the blinds first, don’t worry.

Previous Mixes:
+ Summertime Jams
+ Friendship Bracelets
+ Teen Goth Nite
+ HUSTLE

You can find and follow me on 8tracks as doorsixteen.

Previous Post Next Post

Other Stuff You Might Be Into

6 Comments

• Reply Jules May 25, 2012 at 10:49 pm

Holy cow. Neneh Cherry and Buffalo Stance brought me right back to high school. [Aside: Is there nothing the Swedes can’t do?]

You put together the best music mixes. I think half of the awesome are the covers you design for them. If the world suddenly counter-rotates and you stop doing books, you can always do albums.

• Reply chris May 25, 2012 at 11:20 pm

HELL YES. thank you for the diversion…it’s been a rough go lately and i need to hear other people’s tunes because all my tunes are too emotionally loaded. :)

• Reply Erika May 26, 2012 at 12:16 am

YES! just made my night.

• Reply maria May 26, 2012 at 1:16 am

awesome! I feel you- my cats just give me that oh-there-she-goes look. *blink blink*

• Reply Jacqui Bee May 27, 2012 at 4:23 am

Not everyone likes to dance in public its true but this guy doesn’t care, and makes me want to do it too!
    Thanks for the mix

• Reply ashley english May 27, 2012 at 8:28 pm

huxley is totally “dropping it low” right now to your dance mix!!!