Vanity + Wearables

Sunday Special: Day Dress!

Day Dress outfit -

Tomorrow is the first day of May, and despite the weekend of rain, snow, and hail we just had in New Mexico, I’ve decided that even if tomorrow brings locusts, I will be dressed for springtime. This is always a tough time of year for me clothing-wise—I know summer will be here eventually, and spring is when I try to mentally prepare myself for not being able to wear jeans and boots every single day by weaning myself gradually into roomy dresses with bare legs…and boots. I can’t bring myself to wear sandals AND and a dress at the same time—it’s one or the other. If I’m wearing sandals, it has to be with jeans.

Anyway, I just got this great blue cotton PO-EM day dress from Moorea Seal. I finally tried it on this morning after having it draped over the back of a chair in my bedroom all week, and it’s super cute. I know it’s going to be a staple for me this spring and summer! So I thought I’d put together a little outfit roundup before a new week starts.

Enjoy your Sunday night!

1. Cooked Straw Hat, Communitie / Madewell
2. Gate Hoops, Laurel Hill Jewelry / Adorn Milk
3. Girard Scarf / Block Shop Textiles
4. Day Dress, PO-EM / Moorea Seal
5. Meet Me At Sunset Nail Polish / Essie
6. Blocks Mini Bag / Bookhou
7. Rise Pendant / Lila Rice
8. Melissa Button Short Boots / Frye

Previous Post Next Post

Other Stuff You Might Be Into

• Reply Karen April 30, 2017 at 6:52 pm

Beautiful but whole outfit costs $854.99.

• Reply Anna @ D16 April 30, 2017 at 6:58 pm

Consider it a starting point, just like you would a photo of a room in a magazine! I put together outfits the same way I do interiors—and inspiration is just that, not a literal shopping list. 😉

• Reply JBB May 1, 2017 at 8:59 am

I just checked out the dress that you linked, and, as a lover of ancient Rome, I was delighted to see that it also comes in a pattern that is based this Roman mosaic of girls in bikinis:

• Reply Anna @ D16 May 1, 2017 at 9:02 am

YES!!! I should have mentioned the printed version in my post—it’s SO GOOD. I wish I could pull off stuff like that, but it’s a little too much of an attention-getter/conversation piece for my personality. I love it, though. Thank you for sharing the reference—I love it even more now! 🙂

• Reply Janet Yackee May 1, 2017 at 2:08 pm

Do you own the hat? I want to see it on!

• Reply Anna @ D16 May 1, 2017 at 2:11 pm

No, sadly, I don’t! The only thing I own is the dress. You can see it on a human on Communitie’s blog, though:

• Reply Janet Yackee May 2, 2017 at 1:22 pm

Thanks! I love it …… and ordered it

• Reply Jemma May 1, 2017 at 5:08 pm

How do you feel about leggings as a summer jeans replacement? I just bought some navy saltwater sandals and the shop assistant wore them with a dress and leggings which looked great.

• Reply Anna @ D16 May 1, 2017 at 5:10 pm

I’m a big fan of leggings as pants, but not with sandals (on me). I feel like they do weird things to my ankles? So I only wear leggings with boots. That said, I actually think leggings are warmer than jeans because the hug so snugly (and usually have something synthetic in them for stretch), so I tend to only wear them when it’s chilly out.

• Reply Jemma May 2, 2017 at 4:37 pm

I know what you mean. I used to hate myself in leggings and sandals but I moved and now don’t have a full length mirror. it’s great. I no longer spend ages trying on outfits and checking in the mirror and hating my feet. I’ll never get another one! Ignorance is bliss.

• Reply Karen May 1, 2017 at 9:43 pm

I have a softer/floppier version of that hat from REI last summer – cost me a whopping $25 & I wear it EVERYWHERE. (Mostly because I don’t have prescription sunglasses)

We’re supposed to hit 80 tomorrow, I think. Crazy after the snow on Saturday!

• Reply jana May 4, 2017 at 1:29 pm

i’m so glad i’m not the only one with such clothing dilemmas with warm weather. i wear sandals VERY rarely but if i do, i always think they look better with jeans. i’m usually the one everyone is staring at because it’s 100 degrees & i’m still in jeans & docs. i really struggle with that bare leg lifestyle. haha