HOUSE: Newburgh + Places + Travels

Greetings!

Sure, it’s 60° and sunny and the spirea in the garden are budding out of confusion, but we’re still pretending it’s winter and going along with the usual end-of-year merriment with family. The City of Newburgh continues to be beautiful against all odds, and even after six years here I still can’t get over my clouds, my mountains, and my river. Happy, happy.

Previous Post Next Post

Other Stuff You Might Be Into

11 Comments

• Reply Adam December 24, 2011 at 9:52 am

Happy Winter to you and Evan and Bruno and Fritz! Miss you all, can’t wait to see you all in the New Year! xoxoxo

• Reply Amelie December 24, 2011 at 10:48 am

Such peace, such quiet monsters, your clouds, Hudson and hills. Thanks for sharing this.

• Reply victoria December 24, 2011 at 11:14 am

happy winter to you my dear friend. this is sure pretty! i’m off to brave the san francisco chill at fort funston with lucy. have a wonderful day! xoxo

• Reply Mamma Biscuit December 24, 2011 at 11:23 am

The clouds in the sky yesterday were absolutely amazing! At one point, the sun came out and the light was practically nuclear against the backdrop of violet and orange clouds! I loved it! Happy Winter to you, Evan, Fritz and Bruno! Pug hugs and kisses from the Biscuit family!

• Reply Cortnie December 24, 2011 at 11:35 am

I can’t get over those clouds either – so beautiful! I’m partial (or at least accustomed to) sunny winter holidays living in California’s San Joaquin Valley. But I wouldn’t mind experiencing a snowy Christmas somewhere one year. :)

Warm and cozy holiday wishes!

xo
    cortnie

• Reply maria December 24, 2011 at 2:55 pm

Happy Winter to you and your family. Thanks for another year if inspiration & enjoyment.

• Reply Lori E. December 25, 2011 at 12:19 am

How so very beautiful! Hope you have a very Merry Christmas! :)

• Reply tivoli tenside December 25, 2011 at 5:18 am

Happy Winter to you too!

• Reply Cher@NR December 27, 2011 at 11:36 am

Gorgeous photo

• Reply jbhat December 28, 2011 at 5:28 pm

It’s truly beautiful there.

jbhat

• Reply Lauren January 4, 2012 at 11:17 am

I miss that river almost everyday. Moving to Pennsylvania from the Hudson Valley has been an adjustment. Love the photo!