Friends + Family

Scotland, 2002.

Some photos from our trip to Scotland in 2002. We stayed at Borthwick Castle, just outside of Edinburgh. The quality of the daylight in Scotland was unreal; the sky was hazy and washed out, but it was bright and damp enough to make colors appear super-saturated in contrast to the grays. These are some of the last photos I took with a film camera. I don’t do so well with digital.

Evan has to work from home late tonight (on his birthday!) on a site launch, and I am staying up late out of sympathy (and because I am full of coffee and carrot cheesecake from Junior’s and can’t sleep). Bruno and I are camped out on the sofa watching a ridiculously bad movie on the Lifetime channel.

Previous Post Next Post

Other Stuff You Might Be Into

8 Comments

• Reply Belinda January 10, 2008 at 10:40 pm

scotland is a beautiful place. i miss visiting my friends there. must stop feeling so homesick!.

• Reply Anna at D16 January 10, 2008 at 10:57 pm

Don’t forget your friends in Newburgh, too, Bee! We’d love a visit. 🙂

• Reply rachael January 11, 2008 at 12:11 am

these are beautiful photos. i have to admit i am a film stickler.

• Reply nina January 11, 2008 at 7:01 am

Oh, I’d love to go to Scotland some day. It isn’t even that far away for me, but I’ve never been there yet. Have you ever seen this house? http://www.papastour.com/holiday-cottage.php
    I’d love to stay there some day!

Your photos are very beautiful. Especially the second one, that has an almost magical feel over it!

• Reply Jennifer January 11, 2008 at 9:47 am

Oh, I have to get there someday! My husband has close relatives over there… hopefully someday (after the house is finished, probably) we will have the money for the plane ticket!

• Reply Adam January 11, 2008 at 10:28 am

I’m sorry, nothing beats “Co-Ed Call Girl” with Tori Spelling for Lifetime Movies, except “Mother May I Sleep
    With Danger?”, also with Tori Spelling. Your photos are beautiful by the way.

• Reply Rowena January 11, 2008 at 5:19 pm

What a gorgeous set of photies (and what a nice surprise to see you blogging about Scotland) 🙂

• Reply michelle January 12, 2008 at 11:46 am

Beautiful pictures! I’m going there for the first time in July to visit, & to see the band My Bloody Valentine. I cannot wait to see that sky first hand 🙂