I Want This

Pendant lamp love.

You know how some people get all crazy about shoes, even ones they don’t plan to buy? I’m kind of like that about pendant lamps, I think. These are the ones I’m ogling right now…

Caravaggio pendants by Cecilie Manz, $195–$895

Random lights by Bertjan Pot for Moooi, $610–$2,151
(Who wants to attempt a DIY with an inflatable beach ball, liquid starch, and some cotton string?)

Alabax lamp and Lewis pendant from Schoolhouse Electric, $119 & $99

Stripe Bowl pendant from West Elm, $129

Industry pendant from CB2, $199
(I really do want this one for my dining room. It’s huge—20″x23″!)

Previous Post Next Post

Other Stuff You Might Be Into

15 Comments

• Reply heather October 29, 2008 at 10:09 am

I’ve thought of trying to make that Moooi lamp too – but I’m simply not that crafty. ;)
    Lately, I’ve been obsessing over the cheap and simple Kulla pendant lamp from Ikea. I don’t need a another lamp but every time I go to Ikea it tempts me. Love those Caravaggio pendants too!

• Reply erin@designcrisis October 29, 2008 at 10:45 am

Schoolhouse Electric is fast becoming my favorite lighting source. Love that flush mount lamp… maybe for my bedroom?

• Reply read me... October 29, 2008 at 11:14 am

Caravaggio pendants are just SO beautiful, but sadly we live in Central London, and can not afford the luxury of high ceilings…

I am always amazed at how many people seem to like Bertjan Pot’s Random Light, but rarely mention his Non-Random Light.

Schoolhouse Electric site looks fantastic… I am loving the Lewis light!!

• Reply Christina @ Pardon My Vintage October 29, 2008 at 11:27 am

That’s so funny … I’ve been thinking of doing the same thing to DIY my own random pendant! I’ll let you know how it turns out. ;-)

• Reply kristin October 29, 2008 at 12:37 pm

wow, the one from CB2 is just lovely. I bought my favorite lamp from them as well- the white bauhaus floor lamp.

• Reply Adam October 29, 2008 at 1:24 pm

Those are some fabulous lights! Now I’m thinking I want to try to make one of those “Random” lights.

• Reply jaime October 29, 2008 at 3:11 pm

i just love the random light. i fantasize about buying one all the time.

• Reply rick October 29, 2008 at 3:23 pm

i’m in love with all of niche modern’s pendants:

• Reply Regan October 29, 2008 at 5:52 pm

The diy would totally work. I remember doing something similar with a balloon when I was a kiddo. Was that a challenge to your readers? If only I was crafty. Great, now I am humming Beastie Boys.

• Reply thvioletpear October 29, 2008 at 7:16 pm

I love the random light too, and seriously thought about attempting to make one, but I think it would look not quite the same…I’m also in love with the niche modern pendants!

• Reply Anna at D16 October 29, 2008 at 8:56 pm

Regan, sure, if anyone manages to DIY a facsimile of the Random light, I’ll post the evidence (and instructions!) here. :)

• Reply Mittens November 1, 2008 at 9:08 am

Ooh! That Striped Pendant Light is SEXY!!!!!!!!
    I’m a bit of a tight-wad when it comes to remodeling, but I think I would be very tempted to splurge for that one!

• Reply brand-eye November 10, 2008 at 9:13 pm

great selection of lights. i love them all! it makes me want to switch out or dining room light.

• Reply designfiend November 16, 2008 at 9:22 am

the west elm light is a sad knock-off of Niche Modern’s Aurora pendant.

elevating design for the masses is great but it is too bad that the big box stores can’t come up with designs of their own.

• Reply Joy November 20, 2008 at 5:32 pm

I am in love with the Louis Poulsen PH-5 at the moment.

Check it out here: