I Love the Internet

Friday! Stuff I Tweeted.

mjolkshop
The Twosome Blanket by Vík Prjónsdóttir // From KITKA Design Toronto

Uhhh, so…I completely and totally forgot about my supposed “new category” for Fridays that I announced back in May. Like I said then, I’m not good with schedules or planning when it comes to blogging! This has been an especially good week for tweets, though, so without further ado…

+ Juli and John over at Mjolk Shop did a photo shoot for the blankets from Icelandic collective Vík Prjónsdóttir they’re carrying in their shop now, and the result is both hilarious and sweet. I also really, really want a Sealpelt to wear in my always-chilly house this winter!

+ On the day after Thanksgiving, would you consider joining the Carnivalesque Rebellion and observing Buy Nothing Day?

+ Portland-based builder, designer and tinkerer Matt Pierce has a beautiful new blog, and it’s called Wood&Faulk. (Check out the wooden crate headboard!)

+ The interview with Loretta Lynn on Fresh Air this week was phenomenal. If you missed it, you can listen online.

+ The new line of fixtures at Schoolhouse Electric is pretty great. (And look! It’s Victoria’s nook!)

+ This Arne Jacobsen sofa is pretty much the most amazing piece of upholstered furniture I’ve ever seen in my life. (via Hindsvik Blog)

+ Damn You Auto Correct! I seriously thought I was going to stop breathing and/or vomit from laughing so hard at these iPhone autocorrect FAIL screen captures.

+ If this clip of James Brown performing “Night Train” doesn’t make you happy to be alive, then you might already be dead:

Previous Post Next Post

Other Stuff You Might Be Into

18 Comments

• Reply ItRainedonaFriday November 12, 2010 at 3:45 pm

Oh, the things I could accomplish with only a quarter of his energy! I love the footwork from 2:16 to 2:46, especially at 2:30. *big grin*

• Reply Shilo November 12, 2010 at 4:27 pm

By the end of the night I had mascara streaming down my cheeks from laugh/crying so hard at that autocorrect site. It’s seriously the funniest thing ever.

• Reply Anna @ D16 November 12, 2010 at 8:54 pm

I actually had to stop reading it because I was getting worried that my neighbors could hear me HOWLING with laughter!!

• Reply jodi November 12, 2010 at 4:30 pm

omg, the auto text link is HILARIOUS.

• Reply alis November 12, 2010 at 4:55 pm

I have hilarious autotext screenshots of my own, too bad it’s in Turkish. I once typed “hahaha” and it spelled “our daddy”. Then I typed “stupid iphone” and it said “salami iphone”. I thought it would learn with time but finally I had to turn it off!

• Reply Lisa Michelle November 12, 2010 at 5:18 pm

That blanket is so funny, I love it.

• Reply ___Michelle___ November 12, 2010 at 6:38 pm

oo great links. Love Loretta Lynn & I completely forgot abt the interview so thanks for reminding us!

• Reply Tonia November 12, 2010 at 7:06 pm

I’ll have to consider the twosome blanket for my cousin and his wife, they love going to football games and other Fall/Winter outdoor events

• Reply Maria November 12, 2010 at 7:27 pm

I like this- I had missed a couple of your tweets!

• Reply Juli November 12, 2010 at 7:54 pm

Ah! That was a total surprise! Thanks for sharing our post – it was a solid few hours of our day off so it’s lovely that people are getting a kick out of it, like we did!

• Reply kelly w November 12, 2010 at 8:18 pm

I would be happy to support Buy Nothing Day. All I ever do the day after T-giving is eat leftovers and play Scrabble, anyway.

• Reply Anna @ D16 November 12, 2010 at 8:53 pm

I always feel grossed-out by stories of people going outlet shopping at midnight after Thanksgiving dinner.

• Reply marlene November 12, 2010 at 11:02 pm

omg. i am crying at that autocorrect site right now. you have made my year!

• Reply Dan November 13, 2010 at 2:33 am

I LOVE Wood&Faulk already, I can’t wait to see more from them!

• Reply Dan November 13, 2010 at 6:24 pm

Also. I think I want to wear a sealpelt everyday until I die, and then be buried in it. I’d have to try it on first but I’m pretty sure.

• Reply Matt November 14, 2010 at 11:08 pm

Anna, thanks so much for the mention! It means so much to me!

• Reply jennie November 14, 2010 at 11:38 pm

At risk of sounding stalker-esque, I love your tweets. The auto-correct site was especially fantastic!

• Reply Kristen November 15, 2010 at 10:49 am

You made my year with that auto correct site. And since the year is almost over, I’m going to go ahead and say you made my 2011 too. I am reading your blog at work (!) and I had to close my door and compose myself after quietly laughing/crying/sholder heaving (I’m not laughing, really) was so extensive that people started asking me if I was having some type of fit!

Thanks Anna. 🙂