K by Keaton.

The second I spotted Diane Keaton’s new line of housewares, K by Keaton, on Victoria’s blog, I knew I had to do a little post of my own about it here. I love Diane. Everyone knows she’s an incredible actor and a genuinely smart, funny person, but this passage from a 1993 issue of People magazine sums the source of much of my affection:

Always buttoned up at the neck, Keaton’s getups bag to the ankles. [T]he whole look seems to swing on a misplaced need to hide her own body. She even wears a leotard and footless tights to swim. “I can’t wear a swimsuit,” she has said. “I can’t wear a dress cut on the bias, it’s over for me. I can’t go to a formal and wear a formal gown.” Instead, she went to the 1993 Oscars dressed as a papal chauffeur in a white tux, overcoat and beret, winning fashion bible W‘s designation as “worst-dressed star” of the evening. Sniped The New York Times, “She looked as if she were about to overheat.”

I mean, they might as well be writing about me. You know, except for the part where she gets to go to the Oscars. So I love Dianeā€”I think she’s a hoot, and even though she’s in both of my two favorite movies of all time (I probably don’t need to say what they are, right?), I love that she also manages to make even the cruddiest of movies (I’m looking at you, Mad Money) watchable. Enjoyable, even.

So how cool is it that Diane Keaton now has this line of housewares that’s completely gorgeous and perfect and black and white and seemingly made just for my house?!

Yeah, I want all of these things. I don’t know how I missed it, but Diane did an interview with the New York Times about the K by Keaton line a few months ago. Did you know she’s an architectural preservationist and sits on the board of the Los Angeles Conservancy? Neat.

And even though it’s got nothing to do with plates or blankets, I’m going to put this clip down here for no other reason than that it will make your day a little bit better. Love ya, DK.

p.s. Thanks again for the tip, Victoria!

1. AdamAug 19, 20119:41 pm

Love this! So sophisticated and warm! I really like the pillow shams with the black cross-stitching.

2. Lori E.Aug 19, 20119:45 pm

Wow! It all looks great! I am a total sucker for anything black and white… And I think Diane always dresses well. It is unusual to see anyone in Hollywood without all their stuff in your face. On the flip side, I have always wondered why she stays SO covered up. She looks amazing… And I always like her hair.

3. JulesAug 19, 201111:43 pm

I LOVE Diana Keaton. I watched Annie Hall a million times as a sophomore in high school. As a modest dresser myself, I also love her for her discrete way of dressing. She always looks beautiful to me.

I love the serene look of her line.

4. nicoleAug 20, 201112:05 am

Annie Hall and The Godfather?

Annie Hall and Manhattan. But in the other order! :)

5. BrightAug 20, 201112:43 am

God, I love Annie Hall. I also love Manhattan.

6. JulieAug 20, 201112:58 am

The pillow, especially, looks like it was made just for you! I can see that now, that you are, in many ways, a younger version of her quirky, unique self. She’s not that much older than me (9 years), and I definitely see her as a role model. I’m always looking for good role models for aging gracefully, and interestingly. I’ve always loved that her intelligence is very apparent, through that awkward, loopy exterior. I have that social awkwardness too, but hate, I mean hate, and won’t allow myself to be patronized or passively-aggressively poked fun of for my ADD ways. She seems very comfortable with herself, despite being somewhat awkward around others. Love her!!

7. Interior JunkieAug 20, 20114:27 am

I didn’t know that she’s doing this, and I must say I love it :)

8. MKHAug 20, 20119:49 am

Had no idea about this new line, thank you! I love Diane Keaton she is the epitome of grace!

9. heatherAug 21, 20118:08 am

Annie Hall as favorite movie right here, too. Been on a Woody tear lately, watched both Vicky Cristina Barcelona and Crimes & Misdemeanors this weekend (Angelica Huston does a much better hysteric than Scarlet Johansson’s from Match Point).

RIP Jerry Orbach!

Crimes & Misdemeanors is SO good!!!

10. lenexa apartmentsAug 21, 20117:23 pm

This is impressive! I want some for myself too!

11. BanditaAug 22, 20119:08 am

yay! i was just gushing over how much i love diane keaton! didn’t know about her home line either, so cute!

12. victoriaAug 22, 201112:33 pm

i wish we could go shopping for them together. :)

13. lauren alaneAug 24, 20115:04 pm