Music Mix #4: HUSTLE.

It’s been so long since I’ve made a mix tape to share! I’m super-busy at work these days (OK, I know, when am I not busy…but it’s definitely better than the alternative), and I’ve been in all-headphones-all-the-time mode. I work in a big open space with a bunch of other designers, and as much as I love them, sometimes I really just need to tune everything out.

So here’s what I’m listening to today! Music that makes me want to GET. IT. DONE. It’s a fun mix, for sure, and every bit as suitable for listening to while speed-cleaning the house as it is for designing book covers to.

Previous Mixes:
+ Summertime Jams
+ Friendship Bracelets
+ Teen Goth Nite

You can find and follow me on 8tracks as doorsixteen.

1. joy oliviaFeb 17, 20121:14 pm

Aw! Love this. We’re on deadline at the magazine where I work, and I need a lovely mix to help me push on through. Thanks for putting this together and sharing.

2. MsRipleyFeb 17, 20121:22 pm

This mix is making marking my students’ work so much more enjoyable! Thanks!

3. jacquibeeFeb 17, 20122:00 pm

Love it thanks

4. Brett AldermanFeb 17, 20122:17 pm

Holy Cow! I literally uploaded Midnite Vultures into my iPod and cranked Sexx Laws first thing this morning when I got to the store this morning.

Great mix! Love the Beastie Boys too!

I don’t know why I always forget about Midnite Vultures! It’s so good!

Brett Alderman /

My boss doesn’t normally let me blast it with little kids coming in for lessons, but there was a window when nobody was here that was perfect. I usually listen to “Sexx Laws” first and “Debra” second, then start the whole album from beginning.

5. AmyFeb 17, 20122:57 pm

You know I’m gettin’ silly, got a Grandma Hazel and a Grandma Tilly!

6. StephFeb 17, 20123:45 pm

My favourite beastie boys track, fab selection Anna, cheers!

7. GracieFeb 17, 20125:17 pm

No way, A Certain Ratio! Been a while. You might like Trailer Trash Tracys Candy Girl http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MveJsI2hdiM

8. LaurelFeb 17, 20127:37 pm

YAY!!!!

9. KristinaFeb 19, 20122:20 pm

Oh. Beck. Midnite Vultures is so underrated! I too always forget about it, don’t know why.

10. DusaFeb 19, 20128:54 pm

Anna – I love your mixes!

11. hungryandfrozenFeb 20, 20125:34 am

Fun! Something old, something new…there’s probably a bit of borrowed-ness and blues in there too somewhere. Thanks for making this!

12. KellyFeb 20, 20121:51 pm

Oh wow….I haven’t heard “It’s A Mug’s Game,” in a long, long time. Takes me screaming back 20+ years through the time machine, straight into miserable high school days. And I’m a huge Beck fan, so thanks for that, too.

13. Uncle BeefyFeb 20, 20124:32 pm

Anna, I’m going to spare you the hideous visual of a solo dance party that’s been going on for the last hour. However, I will shower you with praise for gloriously lifting up my Monday!

14. LIZZIEFeb 20, 20126:49 pm

I’m going to have that A Certain Ratio song stuck in my head for days now… but luckily, I don’t mind!

15. JoyFeb 20, 201211:27 pm

This is perfect at the right moment too! Gotta go work on my problem set but had to stop by your beautiful blog first.

16. AnneFeb 24, 20126:51 pm

This. rocks. And just might get me through this working weekend! Thank you!!

17. CeciliaFeb 25, 20129:27 pm

Can’t you setup a Spotify playlist also? pretty please :)

Sorry, I don’t use Spotify!

18. MelanieMar 8, 20129:10 am

I’m editing a million photos right now and your mix is making it much more awesome. Thanks for sharing!

19. KimMar 9, 20122:29 am

Hi Anna!

I am a huge fan of your blog – the content is wonderful and very inspiring :)

Would you mind sharing the name of the font that you used for the Hustle album title? I have been searching for a nice slightly rounded sans f o r e v e r and this one is really lovely!

Kim