My pants are electric.

A while back, Jessie posted a photo on Instagram of her new lighting bolt pants, and I knew immediately that I was going to have to copy her and make them my own. They remind me of two people: My friend, Nubby Twiglet and my sometime spirit animal, David Lee Roth. Honestly, that’s not a bad place to be. I mean, is it possible to say, “I feel like David Lee Roth in these pants,” and have it be a bad thing?!

Jessie bought hers at Trash and Vaudeville (Isn’t it amazing that T&V still exists? Other than Yaffa, I think it’s the only thing on St. Mark’s Place that hasn’t turned over since I was in high school), and I was able to find mine for about 50% off at Karmaloop (sadly sold out). They’re made by Tripp, naturally!

I’ve had these pants for a couple of months now and I still haven’t managed to leave the house with them on. I think once it’s a little less stiflingly hot and humid outside, I’ll feel more confident since I can pair them with boots and a giant cardigan…

1. MichelleAug 4, 20127:47 pm

Those are pants not meant to be hidden. Forget the boots and cardi and rock those proudly.

2. IlanaAug 4, 20128:07 pm

AWESOME! Also loving all the posts.

3. katrinaAug 4, 20129:41 pm

those pants are HOT! i’m dying to see an outfit post, even if only on IG.

4. lisaAug 4, 20129:52 pm

to some those pants up in a word??????

5. PatiAug 4, 201210:27 pm

Love them! Totally David Lee Roth pants…awesome.
    I’m a girl from the ’80′s and would totally wear those…:)
    They look great and I think you need to wear them out and about!

6. NicoleAug 4, 201210:31 pm

Can I ask what font you used in the first photo? It’s awesome. And the pants are, too.

Thanks!

Brandon Grotesque

7. jan | poppytalkAug 5, 201212:30 am

i love that you bought these!

8. LorieAug 5, 201212:34 am

Totally You. Totally Fun. Make sure you do a boots and cardie update pic! :)

Did you change the spelling of your name? Am I crazy?!

Lorie /

Sorta. It was Lori E (obviously my first name, last initial) but I thought that was kinda bo-ring and I have a bit o’ the ADD so I changed it. But since I am also uber dorky, sometimes I forget and still use Lori E. I know, right?

Haha! This is the best reasoning ever. :D

Lorie /

Oh, and the “sorta” was about my sort of changing it. It wasn’t in reply to your “am I crazy”. lol

The latter would have been perfectly accurate…

9. janneAug 5, 20125:44 am

Very COOL!!!!

10. LizzieAug 5, 20127:18 am

Love the bold pattern, they look great! That’ll be a fun / different look for Fall.

11. SimoneAug 5, 201211:50 am

I’d paint my nails fluoresent pink put on slippers and put a white tanktop over it with a black blazer, should be perfect. You go Anna!!! Have a wonderful day. How did your hair turn out?

Hair looks good! A few inches shorter and black…

12. Sara JensenAug 6, 201211:55 am

um. henry needs these pants.

Henry and I like a lot of the same things.

13. Jessie AskinaziAug 6, 201210:32 pm

Jessie “likes” this post.
    Thanks for the shout out, love! Miss you.
    You are going to be wearing these proudly (coupled with your messy cardigan) come fall!

14. Prof. KittyAug 8, 20129:38 pm

Describing David Lee Roth as your “sometime spirit animal” is THE BEST. I never realized til I read those words that that’s how I think of him too. Excellent pants.

Anne At Large /

Totally the best DLR description ever, I may need to steal that too. And that was all I could think of when I saw the pants. Also, is he quotable or what?!

“I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.”

15. erin @WELLinLAAug 11, 20126:03 pm

You must check out my favorite workout pants are also electric! (check it: http://instagram.com/p/OMgz6Jsmbw/) They’re from an Australian line called Lorna Jane that’s launching in the U.S. this year (available in L.A. stores now).

16. EmilyAug 16, 20125:12 pm

Those pants + slouchy black T + awesome strappy sandals = perfect summer sendoff outfit!