Back in the office, feelin’ fine.

Just a quick note before the weekend…

I’ve been back in New York since Monday night (more London photos to come!), and since then I’ve been in the office and trying to get myself fully into work mode. I have to admit that I really do miss my daily London routine (basically drinking coffee and hanging out), but a week and a half away from my office means a TON of work upon returning. This was the longest stretch of time off I’ve had from working in the two decades that have passed since I graduated from high school!

Fortunately, I’ve had two things to take the edge off of my return to the daily grind:
MORRISSEY + MAMMA BISCUIT!

I went to see Morrissey on Wednesday night at Radio City Music Hall, and tonight and tomorrow night he’ll be at Terminal 5. These are my 27th, 28th and 29th times seeing Morrissey live (show #30 will happen in Decemeber!), and in all honesty it really never gets boring. Yes, it’s a different experience (for him and for me!) than it was when we were 20 years younger, but I’m so thankful that he’s still going and still amazing and still giving. I’ll post some photos when the three nights are over. VIVA MORRISSEY.

Today has been an extra-special work day with none other than Mamma Biscuit (if you’re not already reading her blog, you’re missing out) here in the office. Is there anything better than taking a break from staring at a computer screen and nuzzling your face into the neck-rolls of a glamorous, toothless, geriatric pug? Nope. I adore Mamma. VIVA MAMMA BISCUIT.

And no, I don’t need glasses to see, but hey…I like the look. SUE ME. I’m about to order these with non-prescription lenses!

p.s. I’ll announce the Frida Kahlo book giveaway winner tomorrow!

1. LouiseOct 12, 20124:11 pm

Mama Biscuit with glasses = high pitched squeal over the cuteness ~

2. kelly wOct 12, 20124:18 pm

Yay for decades-long, ongoing love affairs with musical artists. For me, it’s Duran Duran, 46 times (I’m older than you). You’re so totally right, it never does get boring. I still get giddy on a gig day.

(And I like the specs.)

3. janetOct 12, 20124:35 pm

Morrissey + Mamma Biscuit = ?

4. Sara @ Zahara DessertOct 12, 20124:36 pm

I too have a musical obsession, not as cool as Morrissey, but U2 is my drug. No matter how many times we see them, the excitement and thrill is still the same.

Side note, how cool do those glasses look on you (and of course on Mamma Biscuit). I convinced my optometrist that I needed a prescription just so I could justify wearing glasses.

ps – can’t wait to see more stories from London town

5. Mamma BiscuitOct 12, 20124:43 pm

MORRISSEY + MAMMA BISCUIT! LOL I feel like she needs to make an appearance on stage with him, I’m not sure how but if you give me a day or two, I can figure something out! Maybe we can have her run around the stage like that pug and Frenchie did in the I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris music video (thanks for showing me that video BTW) and he can try and offer a broken tambourine to her—I can guarantee she would just look at it and walk off—upset that it wasn’t a soft-chew treat! Welcome back Anna!

ps: I cannot wait to see some more photos from your London trip, you know me, the more the better!

xo
    The Biscuits!

6. gardenbreOct 12, 20124:44 pm

really LOVE the glasses – I have somewhat similar – am now going to get transitional lenses put in them http://www.starck.com/en/design/categories/industrial_design/glasses.html#starck_eyes_pl0727

… now following Mamma Biscuit’s blog – she’s toO cute for words (sorry to hear she’s lost her teeth) … vicariously loving everyone’s pups since I can’t have one just yet …

7. jennifer in sfOct 12, 20125:16 pm

Holy crap I just realized the first time I saw Morrissey play was 21 YEARS AGO. And I’ll be seeing him again in November unless, ahem, he cancels on us poor Bay Area folk again.

Now I need to go lay down and watch an episode of Matlock or something.

PS I’m looking forward to more London photos. I love London!

8. AnaOct 12, 20126:37 pm

The glasses are cute maybe you could get them as sunglasses?

As someone who needs prescription glasses and contacts to see I never understand why people who don’t need glasses wear them.

I already have sunglasses! Not the same thing at all. ;)

I needed reading glasses when I was younger, and I miss wearing them. It’s just a nice optional accessory now.

9. FrancisOct 12, 20127:07 pm

Hey Anna,
    I was pretty much obsessed with The Smiths/Morrissey between the ages of 16 and 24. I had every appearance on British TV catalogued on a batch of video tapes — I knew just about every facial grimace and gesture to each performance and unashamedly recreated them on the dance-floor, whenever those golden opportunities arose. Never came close to seeing him 30 times though, sounds like you may be in the die-hard category there. Hope you enjoy the remaining shows.

10. julie.Oct 12, 20129:30 pm

VIVA MORRISSEY!!! I sometimes wonder if I married my husband because he has the same cleft in his chin. And my husband (even a bigger moz fan than me) is totally cool with that.

11. ChristeeOct 12, 201210:09 pm

Anna, you are so pretty, my goodness! I have worn glasses since I was little….I love glasses but *hate* how my atrocious near-sightedness makes my eyes look teeny and beady behind my coke-bottle glasses. So–I totally get glasses as a fantastic accessory! People can see your eye makeup ‘as is’, too:)

12. kristinaOct 13, 20122:03 pm

love your glasses!

want some new, too!

13. KariOct 13, 20124:14 pm

Thanks for the tip on the awesome glasses! My husband has been looking for some new frames and this looks like a cool company. He’s going to try out the “Try them on at home” option.

Finding the right pair is so difficult, so I don’t blame you for getting a pair that you love even though you don’t really need them!! :)

My husband (who actually needs to wear glasses all the time) just bought a pair from Warby Parker, and they got the prescription right…something he’s had trouble with at the cheap places in the past. Thumbs-up from both of us!

14. jjaOct 14, 20121:59 pm

Week and a half was the longest stretch? I will never complain again! I usually have 3 weeks for summer and 3 weeks in winter and some long weekends plus some overtime hours giving mi extra couple of days and I am still unhappy since my mom spends every year 7 weeks on the seaside plus some winter holiday….

I actually have tons of vacation and personal days, but I either don’t use them or I take them in little bits (like every other Monday off during the summer, etc.)…this is the first time I’ve taken a bunch all at once.

15. MarianeOct 15, 201210:18 am

Bravo for the vacation! Bravo for Morrisey, it is so cool that you have seen him in show almost 30 times in a 20 years period, I call that commitment! And bravo for the glasses, there is a definite Lois Lane thing going there, does Evan have a superman costume…?!

Haha, no, but he does like superheroes (including Superman), and he’s a bit of an eyeglasses aficionado himself. :)

16. KrystaOct 15, 20122:17 pm

Oh my god, that pup! That stuck out tongue! I can’t even handle it. I want to snuggle that pug.

And I too, have been pining for a pair of Warby Parkers without perscriptions. They have so many great styles and I just love the look. Although, after years of staring at a computer screen for 9+ hours a day I fear I may actually need the perscription now.

Yeah, I figure when my eyes start to go (and they will) I’ll just have a real prescription put in the frames. Hey, might as well pick out a pair while I can still see myself in the mirror, right?!

17. krisOct 17, 20128:02 am

Anna,
    I’ve been a long-time lurker… but I found these socks that will knock the ones you’re wearing off! https://totokaelo.com/store/products/henrik-vibskov/fw12/triangle-socks/grey

Very cute! :)

18. saraOct 17, 20123:55 pm

OMG! cutest dog ever!

19. dewofthedesertOct 18, 201210:26 am

Ohhh. .. I am so sad to have missed Morrissey! He had this first show here in Boston but I was travelling. We’ll try to catch him when he returns in December.
    My husband also tried Warby Parker and they were super fast and accurate with the prescription.
    Also their free returns are great.

20. How2homeOct 18, 20126:41 pm

Such a cute picture of your pup and yourself!