Cotton & Flax.

doorsixteen_cottonandflax_1

Thanks to a retweet from Kate, I just discovered the beautiful home goods store Cotton & Flax. Run out of Los Angeles by artist/textile designer Erin Dollar, Cotton & Flax has a product line that is pretty much demanding to climb into a box and fly across the country to my house. I just spent about half an hour clicking through the shop, and I think I may have marked every single item as a favorite.

doorsixteen_cottonandflax_2

Clockwise from top left:
 ♡ Black Diamonds Tea Towel
 ♡ Confetti-Patterned Wool Felt Coasters
 ♡ White Plus Tea Towel
 ♡ Linen Brushstrokes Pillow

Erin also writes a Cotton & Flax blog, where she shares some of her own favorite handmade goods, as well as behind-the-scenes peeks at her studio. PLUS!! She also shares freebies for download, like these insanely cute patterned iPhone wallpapers. I don’t know about you, but I like to try to match my phone to my tea towels.

doorsixteen_cottonandflax_3

EEEEEE! Postcards!! I used to send postcards out all the time because they’re so low-hassle: Cheap stamp, no envelope, small space = fast writing, not to mention the fact that anyone can and will read the back keeps me from saying anything too dumb. I don’t know why I stopped, but I need to order a couple of packs — because who doesn’t like to get a little real mail every now and then? Especially if it’s neon pink.

All photos © Cotton & Flax

1. AudrieJun 18, 20134:12 pm

Those neon pink postcards are perfection. I live far away from my sisters so it’d be so fun to pop a little neon pink in their mailboxes :)

2. KateJun 18, 20134:45 pm

This makes me so happy! Erin is one of my favorite ladies in LA and one of the hardest workers I know. And, you know, talented and stuff. :)

I am so glad you re-tweeted her! I’m the last to know about everything. ;)

3. PollyJun 18, 20135:22 pm

I love the postcards and your right so lo-hassle, everyone should be sending them all the time!

Polly /

P.S. I just ordered the white dots on grey.

4. AmandaJun 19, 20136:38 am

OH DEAR. I’m so happy I have no money right now, because if I had, I would be buying every little thing you show up here.

5. ChrystinaJun 19, 201310:49 am

You’re totally right about postcards. I love the low-hassleness of it all. I should probably start sending some.

6. bonnieJun 20, 20132:07 pm

darn, I thought those postcards were mouse pads. I really need one! (why are all the mouse pads so blah looking?) I would also kill for some cool decals for my laptop. *ahem* I hope this designer is paying attention :)

Do people still use mousepads?! Serious question. I haven’t used one since the optical mouse became standard more than a decade ago, and I honestly can’t remember the last time I saw a mousepad on anyone’s desk! I thought they were pretty much obsolete?

7. joJun 20, 20133:21 pm

Loving all the prints. These would look sharp in my home!

8. Mel BuchananJun 20, 20139:24 pm

Ah, I love that you showed postcards. I really love them lately, and I think they’re making a comeback!
    Mel.x