Frédéric Méchiche’s loft, part two.

In April of this year, I posted a number of photos of interior designer Frédéric Méchiche‘s 1712 home in le Marais, which he calls “a tribute to Bauhaus in Paris”. I cannot get enough of this space! Every photo I see of it fills me with inspiration. I love watching the subtle changes that occur over time; how he replaces the fabric on this piece, adds a rug over there, moves the dining room to a different area completely…

I am so happy to share a set of more recent photos from Interiors magazine. They were brought to my attention by D16 reader Avant-Gardenist, who maintains the fabulous Flickr pool h ♥ m e.

My earlier post on Méchiche’s loft (with commentary!) can be found here.

(All photos by Beto Riginik for Interiors magazine.)

1. greybreaksNov 30, 20093:42 pm

perfect.

looks like a great space, plus it’s got almost all of my favorite chairs.

2. stephanieNov 30, 20094:15 pm

W-O-W. Transplant the first 5 photos into my house right now.

3. Katie StephensonNov 30, 20095:26 pm

Beautiful. Those floors!

4. Rachel KayNov 30, 20095:26 pm

The black chair in the 5th photo is amazing! No too sure about the image of the severed hand in the background though :)

5. NiamhNov 30, 20099:15 pm

incredible….

absoluteley gorgeaus. I adore the two paintings of arms in the 2nd photo. The way they reach out is so appropriate. I think that the more gorey paintings work in this house because the background is so soft and frilly.

6. frannieNov 30, 200910:56 pm

dig the home. i love homes with art- REAL art (whatever that may be) in them.

7. CassieDec 1, 200912:47 am

Thanks for sharing these!

8. Monika/eco-stylistaDec 1, 20097:07 am

Amazing inspiration! I love the subtle colors, the blacks and whites with the warm wood. My favorite combination! And the artwork are amazing!

9. melodyDec 1, 20095:12 pm

Gah – I love Nan Goldin! This space is my dream!

10. Myles HenryDec 1, 20096:09 pm

This space is unreal. That bathroom is so ill the brass fixtures and that floor!!
    sigh

11. Avant-GardenistDec 1, 20096:39 pm

Be sure to check out the original photos of .
    You’ll flip.

12. Avant-GardenistDec 1, 20096:42 pm
  13. lindsayDec 1, 20097:58 pm

I love those wood floors! So much to look at, yet it isn’t overwhelming at all.

14. deniseDec 2, 20099:38 pm

Thanks Avant-Gardenist for the link – the totally boring house following Mechiche’s simply magnifies his brillliance!

I too have long coveted his apartment. I like some of the changes – more depth, a little less white ethereal. Not a fan of the photographic pieces he has chosen, but do like the shift of colour they provide. What is the last room?

15. PauletteDec 3, 20091:53 pm

I want to BE that bathroom—that’s how much I love it!

16. michelleDec 3, 20098:31 pm

so perfect it makes me ill :(

17. ahjDec 4, 20091:33 pm
  18. unitb612Dec 5, 20093:04 am

The first photo was inspirational! I need to go find some beautiful items to frame and lean against my wall….If only I had space!

19. sulu-designDec 6, 200911:32 am

Anna, I can’t thank you enough for posts like these. I have it and several posts about your own home bookmarked in my Bloglines account and have been referring to them with frequency. By the end of this month, my husband and I will be a first-time home owners of a loft, and posts like this have me so excited. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

20. BODIE and FOUDec 8, 20091:54 pm

I love the stairs with the picture frames just left on the floor! We’ve moved in our family house last Friday and once the Xmas rush is over on our site, then I will spend HOURS reading my favourite blogs like yours to see what I’m going to do with the house.
    I CAN NO WAIT TO GET STARTED!

21. hallieDec 13, 200912:00 am

the floors make me swoon.

22. Avant-GardenistDec 13, 20091:32 am

Here’s everything I could possibly find on Frédéric Méchiche, on the new blog, now fully and completely d e c k e d. (Thank you, Anna.)

23. samiaJan 5, 20103:54 pm

yup.. i am in love with all the chairs as well.. the paintings are pretty hot too.. I would love to know the names of these chairs.. It would be great to knw what names what my fave pieces have

24. Anna at D16Jan 6, 201012:24 pm

samia: Which chairs are you wondering about? In the second photo (with the table), there are three Eames DCM chairs (wood with metal legs) and one Eames DKR (wire with “Eiffel” base). The upholstered leather Barcelona chairs in the third photo are by Mies van der Rohe. The fourth photo has another DKR and an Eames DSW (fiberglass shell with wood legs). Next to the bathtub there are two Bertoia side chairs, and in the last photo, there’s an Arne Jacobsen Series 7 chair.

PHEW! Did I miss any? :)

25. mrpoteatJan 26, 201012:58 pm

OMG, my page is like frozen on what appears to be the most wonderfuly crafted room i’ve seen in ages. I absolutely adore the distressed yet sleek feel. Thank you for sharing!

26. Peter HareJan 7, 20137:34 pm

I love the way Mechiche places art and objects in a casually around the walls as if he has just moved in.
    So many designers decorate – Michiche does not. His environment does not look as they though the hand of a designer has been at work. Here lies the beauty and the strength of his design process.