Oh, I love this time of year! Schoolhouse Electric, one of my favorite companies going way back, just launched their new line for fall 2013, and, as usual, my wish list is long. I became a fan of Portland-based Schoolhouse back when they just sold lighting, but over the past couple of years they’ve been expanding their line to include furniture and housewares – it’s become an incredible collection of stuff!
These of my favorites from the new fall line…lots of warm tones; black, brass, cream and gold.
1. Apartment Pendant // also available with a 2.25″ fitter to accommodate a variety of glass or metal shades
2. Arrow Napkins // by Egg Press
3. Sammamish Bird Woodblock Print // by Jennifer Ament (framed or unframed)
4. Isaac Sconce — Short Arm // also available in black and persimmon, hardwired or plug-in
5. Wire-Framed Trash Bin // in misty green or marigold
6. Let It Go wall banner // by Ashley Ann Brown
I’m excited to see the “Let It Go” banner carried by Schoolhouse! I love Ashley’s work for Secret Holiday, and I have her “It’s OK” banner in my apartment — I may need to add this one to my collection as well (maybe hand it up at work, haha). I’m also envisioning those brass sconces against the black wall in our bedroom at the house…mmm-hmmm! Or against any black wall, for that matter.
1. Isaac Sconce — Long Arm // also available in natural brass and black, hardwired or plug-in
2. Miles Desk Lamp // also available as a floor lamp, which I neeeeeeed for the apartment!
3. Schoolhouse Slogan Pencil Pack // set of five pencils
4. Schoolhouse Log Carrier // in cotton canvas with leather handles
5. Glass Jar // in two sizes, with red SECO decal
There are, of course, a multitude of colors, metal finishes and cord configurations available for the new light fixtures, and plenty of other stuff in the fall 2013 collection — it’s all up on the fancy new Schoolhouse Electric site. (I’m heading there right now myself, because I really, really need to make a decision about lighting for the kitchen! And I want to ogle that Miles floor lamp some more. I love that Aalto-esque shape…)